Love working with youth? Have a passion to see families united and restored? Look no further! Heritage Ranch, a residential children’s home, is looking to add a Residential Advisor to our team. This opportunity will put you hands-on with children in “crisis,” and allow you to be a part of the life transformation in these young youth’s lives!
Heritage Ranch specializes in aiding young men and their families who are in the midst of crisis. This is accomplished by providing a safe place for boys ages 10-18 with a stable living environment, crisis counseling, and most importantly Biblical foundations for life application. Their guardians are required to be part of the program as well by agreeing to attend parental counseling. All-in-all our goal is to see families united and restored.
The Resident Advisor is provided on-campus housing and assigned to an individual home. They are partnered with a Houseparent Couple to provide care for up to six boys between the ages of 10-18. They help to create a safe, stable environment where children can work on their issues and practice new behaviors. In addition, the Resident Advisor provides their Houseparent Couple with relief of their responsibilities during designated break times. The position will assist in areas such as – spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional well-being.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer one-on–one time with the children to help them process their issues.
· Assist with the facilitation of the group process in the home.
· Communicate regularly with Houseparent Couple and Counselor to facilitate treatment in the home.
· Actively participate in team meetings and staff training sessions.
· Assume the responsibilities of the Houseparent Couple in their absence.
· Along with Counselor, plan and implement group development and recreational activities.
· Assist with on-going licensing paperwork.
· High school/GED
· 21 years of age or older
· 2 yrs. Post high-school/GED experience
· Past experience working with children and families is preferred
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Fairly Carville, LMSW at (225) 658-1800 or