The Resident Adviser is assigned to an individual home and partnered with a Houseparent Couple to provide care for up to six boys between the ages of 12-17. They help to create a safe, stable environment where children can work on their issues and practice new behaviors. In addition, the Resident Adviser provides their Houseparent Couple with full relief of their responsibilities during designated break times. The position will assist in areas such as – spiritual, physical, educational, emotional, etc. The Resident Adviser will live on the Heritage Ranch campus and is provided housing, food stipend and utilities.
Hourly pay in addition. High school diploma/GED required and must be 21 years of age. Experience in working with children and families is preferred and a two year commitment is requested.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer one-on–one time with the children to help them process their issues.
· Assist with the facilitation of the group process in the home.
· Communicate regularly with Houseparent Couple and Counselor to facilitate treatment in the home.
· Actively participate in team meetings and staff training sessions.
· Assume the responsibilities of the Houseparent Couple in their absence.
· Along with Counselor, plan and implement group development and recreational activities.
· Plan and implement after school tutoring.
· Assist with on-going licensing paperwork.